Thursday, June 4, 2015

There She Goes...(a Throwback Thursday)

I am fairly certain I dreamed up the idea of a Backyard Wonders blog about the same time I dreamed up the idea of a sign painting, furniture building business.  I think two years later is a nice place to start - don't you?

If you are reading this - then you must be a fan. Or my mom. Hi Mom. Before I begin anything - I want to humbly express my deepest gratitude for every LIKE on social media - every follower - every order - every repeat customer - every referral - and yes, mom - every load of laundry you did when I couldn't dig my way out from under a stack of orders.  THANK YOU. Those words are not even enough.

So - shall we take it back - to... the beginning?  A nice place to start.  And, being that it's Throwback Thursday and all...

There she is - the First.

Sometime two years ago - my precious Man called me from his job in Texas.  Away from his babies - and of course, me - he had had enough of the traveling life.  "I am coming home," he said.

I'm sorry. You're doing WHAT?

I will skip the um - colorful few days that followed.  A few choice words.  Some tears.  A whole lotta worrying.

Truth be told - Sweeter words could have not been spoken.  God was already at work.  In an effort to give Josh a project to keep us all happy and busy - and you know, out of divorce court - my father and law and Josh set out to work on a fancy farmhouse table for my dining room.


As you can see - it was not too shabby.  The word got out.  And I may or may not have had anything to do with that....  We built a few more tables - and it quickly became a family affair... brace yourselves, this next photo is a DOOZIE.


And we filled our garage

ith sawdust, stain and lacquer and sprayers and .....

And off we went - on an adventure that would and IS teaching us more about marriage and business and working together than ever before. And, buying our groceries, which is always nice.  

Oh, and, in case you are wondering - I painted a few more signs along the way... 


Here are my two Chiefs of Operations / Head Carpenters working away. They have this part down to a SCIENCE. That's my presh dad on the right, by the way. Just a footnote - He's the Man, just in case anyone ever asks you. 


And, as you can see, I do occasionally give everyone the day off.  Because I am nice. VERY. NICE.

Summing it up - the past two years havr been a lesson in TRUE partnership.  Partnership with my husband, parents and even my children as we have been on the RACHAEL TRAIN for two years now, seatbelts unbuckled and hair a hot mess. And even moreso than that - a lesson in humility and gratitude, for each one of you that have supported us in even the smallest way. We love y'all! 








No comments:

Post a Comment